Monday, October 4, 2010

Uncle Milton Moon In My Room













Turn your room into an authentically detailed 3-D lunar landscape. After your child is all tucked in for the night, Moon in My Room creates a peaceful, glowing effect for a night full of sweet dreams. Its whimsical effect is fun for adults, too!

Features
  • Automatic or annual function shows 12 main phases of the moon
  • 15-minute audio CD provides a guided tour to the moon
  • Auto shut-off
  • Hangs on wall
  • Infrared remote control included
  • Requires 2 "AAA" and 4 "AA" batteries (not included) 
********************************
My child has really enjoyed this
By: L.L. 

This was a Christmas gift for my 8 year old daughter who is into absolutely nothing but animals. She absolutely loves it. She turns it on every night and her and our other children go and watch it. I even watch it. It has two settings. 1. Is where it goes through the phases of the moon. I was mistaken about how this works, I thought that it went through the phases along with the moon, however, it blinks through them pretty quick. 2. The moon is just set on a single phase of the moon. I have seen them go through both of the settings, there is a small remote control that the child can set themselves. The only problem with the remote is that because of its size it can get easily misplaced, especially if your kids are like mine and would lose just about anything. My suggestion for this would be to put some velcro on the back of the remote and stick it somewhere. Also it has a sensor and turns off when the sun comes up and back on when the sun goes out. It also runs off batteries. Ours came with a cd, which I thought would be something that they could watch on the computer, but it isn't it is just talking about the moon. Overall it was a good purchase, and I would definitely recommend it for a child who is very hard to shop for.